Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cat Lovers are Weird!

So I promise after this weekend to write something that doesn't include my dog, but for now I felt I would share this story with you:


Cooper has many quirks, like his mother he exhibits strange habits. First strange habit is that Cooper loves anything wood. He loves sticks, and tries to pull limbs off trees, and more recently felt the need to chew my baseboards and window sills. He also is an extremely picky eater (Cooper burps more than anyone I know. He feels the need to walk up to people and then burp in their face and then he walks away). The one habit that I want to talk about though is Cooper's inability to jump up into my car. My dog is an AMAZING jumper. He leaps right over my couches, feels the need to jump rope with his leash, but he will NOT jump into the car. Since he will not jump into the car, I have to lift my 70 pound puppy into my car. This is NOT an easy task. Here is where my story begins.

Yesterday Cooper had a vet appointment. I lifted my enormous puppy into my car and felt good about lifting weights for the day. At the vet everyone awed over my good-looking dog. Getting my dog back into the car was a different story. The parking lot was packed at the vet and there were a lot of people IN the parking lot for some strange reason. As I try to pick Cooper up he decides to role around on his stomach and then tries to jump and hop out of my arms. At this point I'm embarrassed and sweating. Finally, I get a hold of my dog and as I am lifting him his toenail ( is that what you call a dog's nails? Do dog's have toes?) gets caught on my pants. It slices through my pants AND my leg. So now I am screaming in the parking lot on the ground holding my leg. I am pretty sure that people are now starting to think I am "special" and are probably wondering if I am mentally capable to drive a car. I felt like I was bleeding profusely through my pants. I then immediately start to panic and worry that maybe his toenail cut an artery in my leg (yea it didn't, I was just being reallllyyy over-dramatic). Anyways, today when I got home I checked out my leg. I have a bruise that goes from the top of my thigh to my knee. It looks like someone took a baseball bat to my leg. I also have one large slit down my leg. I would post a picture but its kinda gross and I am really pasty right now.

I will post later and it will not be about my dog!


1 comment:

  1. Morgan, you are hysterical. I am at work trying my best not to laugh out loud at your posts. Thanks for the laughs (:

    ReplyDelete